Thursday, September 13, 2012

Inspirations: Alexis Mabille

Personally I've always taken an interest in fashion design, and Alexis Mabille is one of my biggest inspirations.

Below are some of the designs for Couture Spring and Summer 2011 by Alexis Mabille
I absolutely enjoy the beauty of the silhouettes which Mabille has incorporated and used. What also impresses me is the simplicity of his design where he uses the same concepts time and again, yet it is not boring, but rather never fail to impress with his use of theatrics in terms of shapes. The clothes he designs are signaturely dynamic and feminine, while employing some of the old, he also merges it with the new. What I really love is that Mabille never fails to bring across sensuality in his designs, but not outrightly or explicitly sexy, but rather he does it decently and with a certain beauty and class, such that the models can show off what they have in their physique without having to dress (pardon my words) trashily.
I think that although these are not thing I may have designed myself, but I am truly inspired by the elements I have just pointed out which Mabille uses with precision and wonderful accuracy and appropriacy, and I feel that that is something I also want to be able to put across in my own fashion designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment