Monday, December 17, 2012

Unexpected Part 01

So today I started out with hoping to do a modelled fashion shoot and everything but self-timing every shot was just tedious and gradually I started to think it was a definite failed shoot, but I persisted in making more shots, and unexpectedly I came up with two photography series, and also some experimental artistic shots.

The first series: All in the Snap of a Finger, Jubilee Tai, Photography 2012

All in the Snap of a Finger I: Leap of Faith 

All in the Snap of a Finger II: Fall from Grace

I really like the way the figure has been captured in a whir, visible, yet not visible, opening up the photograph to interpretation. 
Also, the title of the series - All in the Snap of a Finger - highlights the way human decisions can change things drastically. For shot I, it shows how a leap of faith can sometimes be spur of the moment, where one throws off all hesitance and worries. It is quick and unpredictable, just like in the snap of a finger. For shot II, even a fall from grace is easily possible at any juncture. Quick and unpredictable, just like in the snap of a finger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment